• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Fossil

Fossil

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • Interests:Hunting,fishing and rockhounding..............

Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:19 AM

Three years ago,I bought a Knight inline blackpowder rifle for xmas(a gift to myself)....
It was the 50-cal/KRB7............
We were in the process of moving from North Dakota to Oregon,so I just packed it up with the rest of our belongings.(Still in the box)
After that it sat in the gun storage area for six months(I know"Rolling eyes")...LOL
Finally my nephews and brother in law wanted to go shooting and I said I would go along too.
Bringing my pistols a few rifles and the Knight.
After shooting for a bit,I brought out the Knight,loaded it up with two pyrites(average load) and a sabot bullet,fired it down range(fell in love with it as soon as the trigger was pulled)!
My nephew wanted to shoot it,so we reloaded it,same rounds and he shot it,no problem.As soon as he tried to dump the spent primer,the trap(trigger assembly) wouldn't open!
Finally after a bit of ideas it came apart and we found the slide assembly was cracked on both sides of the slide bar!!!!!!
I got ahold of Knight,they said as long as I only had two shots from the inline,that I could send it in and they would cover the parts,labor and assembly.......But I still would like to know why the inline did that and if I'm going to have to sell it and replace it with a different model.....(I really like this one)!
Posted Image

God,family and friends-What else is there..................

#2 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 31 May 2012 - 11:43 AM

Well, I did a pretty extensive online search, and the only other instance I found was where you posted on the Knight forums... The username kinda gave it away. LOL I think once you get the repaired rifle back it should be just fine. It may have been a slight miscalculation on the timing and headspace, or it could have just been a bad casting. I haven't found any recall notices or anything else for that particular model. The only recall I have seen is for the trigger assembly for the Revolution and Revolution 2....
Semper Fi

#3 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,083 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:07 PM

Well... If it "helps" you at all, I had the barrel of a Mossberg 500 12 gauge literally fall off in turkey camp when I was a teenager. Another camper was checking out my new toy (a birthday gift from my father) and commenting on how, with the synthetic stock, it felt "barrel heavy". It was at that point he tipped the shotgun forward (demonstrating what he meant) and the barrel fell to the floor. Apparently the weld that holds the magazine cap to the barrel had broken allowing this to happen. The shotgun was brand new (literally only one trip to the range to pattern it). Thankfully, I was able to borrow another scatter gun from a buddy to prevent the trip to camp from being a total loss that year. But, needless to say, I was none too pleased with Mossberg. Back then, I was actually able to just take the shotgun back to the store and get my money back. But, it still took years for me to be confident enough to purchase another Mossberg product. (They reeled me back in with the 3 1/2" 12 gauge.) Truthfully though, I still think of that 500 from time to time when I'm gun shopping.

In the end, the best I can offer you is that "stuff happens". (I know... "Duh!") It would not surprise me at all if your rifle was simply defective from the factory. (Obviously it can happen with anything mass-produced, even with quality control inspection supposedly in place.) I have a new pistol right now that I had to send back to the factory 3 weeks ago for failure to extract. It stinks! Hopefully Knight will fix you up in a hurry. I wouldn't blame you for selling off the gun though. Sometimes we just need to get that bad taste out of our mouth. Best of luck moving forward!

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

Posted Image

#4 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,620 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 03:13 PM

I shoot a knight inline but the Bighorn model. I have never had a problem with this rifle. Shoots really well and has taken a good number of deer with it. Eric has one also and has not had a problem either.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#5 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 835 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 10:03 AM

It would be interesting to know what Knight said caused the problem. As noted.. things do slip by, but that is strange that a Knight has this happen. I own five Knight Inline rifles and one shotgun. I have trusted them to work for many years now. I did find it very necessary to keep the triggers clean on a Knight as if you are going to have problems.. that dirty trigger will cause it. Especially on a plunger striker model. So occasionally, pull that trigger assembly. Spray the insides out with Gunk or Brake Cleaner (outside). Then shake it dry and apply a drop of oil to it. That will make the rifle perform smooth and problem free.

Like PA Ridge Runner I shoot the older style Knights and I have a Disc rifle. With the older style I find 80 grains of powder and a 300 grain XTP will 99% of the time produce excellent accuracy and all the hunting power I need. Even the 240 grain XTP shoot very well.

My Disc is a powder pig, and likes BlackHorn 209 and Shockwaves. But again.. Knights are great rifles.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a total wreck with a big smile on your face."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users