9 replies to this topic

#1 old fart

old fart

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:15 PM

i went and got my cougar and it feels great, i haven't shot it yet but hope to soon. i didn't notice this at the shop, i checked the trigger pull, and safeties, as well as the cocking of the gun but i never looked at the front end. is this normal for this gun?, is the front of the cougars like this? i wanted to know before i shot it. thanks
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:42 PM

Are you referring to the barrel not being centered in the slide?

If so, it's "normal" of most compact pistols. (If they have a tilt barrel design... where the barrel tilts up while cycling.) From Sig Sauer to XD's, and Glock... Many are designed to "lock in" low against a loose-fit slide like that.

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#3 old fart

old fart

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:39 PM

this is a stoeger cougar and the barrel does not tilt, but i was refering to the ring in front that looks like an insert. thanks

#4 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:52 PM

Not an expert on this. But I believe the Cougar barrel actually twists to lock in.

As far as the insert ring. I might question that myself. I wouldn't expect to see that there either.
Posted Image

#5 mudduck

mudduck

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • Interests:Interested in almost everything, unless it bores me, then I'm not interested anymore

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:22 PM

http://www.stoegerin.../contact-us.php

#6 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:24 AM

Well I went to their website under the cougar and the website doesn't show it. The cougar they are showing is however a .45 according to the picture's location address

Posted Image
Semper Fi

#7 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:42 AM

I dont know enough to really say it but I will anyway. Comparing pics, I'd be afraid of it being a knock off or b-grade work. Probably would return it to the store with pics from manufacturers website to ask about it or refund.

#8 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:45 PM

http://www.stoegerin.../contact-us.php

This is an excellent suggestion.
Posted Image

#9 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:47 PM

I dont know enough to really say it but I will anyway. Comparing pics, I'd be afraid of it being a knock off or b-grade work. Probably would return it to the store with pics from manufacturers website to ask about it or refund.

As a Stoeger (shotgun) owner myself, they pretty much are "B-Grade" pieces in and of themselves. So, nothing surprises me. (Almost just looks like poor machining to me.)

I'd echo muddy & Leo at this point.

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#10 old fart

old fart

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:41 PM

i got an email from benelli today, they said it was normal. thats an insert that goes in the 9 and 40 slides. no insert in the 45, that tell me that they use one slide for all guns and put in inserts in hole of the 9 and 40. benelli said they have never had any thing to go wrong with the insert in the years they have made the cougar. i have a chance to trade this to a taurus 66 that was made in the 90's and is in 95%condition with a low round count, i'm a thinking on it. thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users