3 replies to this topic

#1 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 08:25 PM

I found out today I won on a gun raffle a Remington 700 sps in 308 winchester. I can take the cash or the rifle. What do I take? I'd love a tatical rifle but dont have the funding to build it right. I have a great shooting deer rifle in 30-06. I could use the money & perhaps trade in my CZ 75 compact for a better carry gun or use the $ for new hunting gear & other odds & ends. If I take the rifle I have to pay the taxes & background check fee. Money has always been tight now that I have a chance a some theres to many options. Plus if my # comes up in the daily lottery again in the next 10 days, I get another gun too. Lets pray for a 2nd then that one I can sell to build this one right!

Edited by Whitetiger, 21 July 2012 - 08:26 PM.

#2 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 09:26 PM

Having a back up rifle is always a good thing. That 308win would be a solid performer.

But if you still need a good shotgun or a scope upgrade on an existing rifle I'd take the cash (about $600?)

That Remington is a solid performer but it's not a magic gun. You are absolutely correct that it will take some additional funding to build it right. Do what you want to but personally I'd take a look at what I had and see what needed an upgrade.
Posted Image

#3 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 09:47 PM

Your right Leo. I know thats the way I should go. But sometimes its good to get an impartial nudge in the right direction. I could use a new rangefinder anyway.....

#4 REDGREEN

REDGREEN

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,461 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing,wood carving, waking up with a pulse

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:53 AM

Problem is solved. Take the cash, buy your rangefinder, and take the wife out for dinner with whatever is left. Then, she is happy, which makes you happy too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users