9 replies to this topic

#1 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 06:43 PM

Today I got a new stock set for my Mossberg pump .20 gauge which I'll now keep by my bed. :)

Posted Image

#2 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 29 July 2012 - 07:57 PM

Sweet!

(Time for a magazine extension tube?)

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#3 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 881 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 09:23 PM

That is a great home defense weapon. Fantastic knock down and scare power. Lets just hope you never have to use it.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a total wreck with a big smile on your face."

#4 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 09:29 PM

Thanks guys. Me too Cayugad, but it is nice knowing it's there should I need it. I also have this on my nightstand;

My Kel Tec PF-9 9mm
Posted Image

Jerimiah, I like how you think. ;)

Edited by Spirithawk, 29 July 2012 - 09:30 PM.

#5 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:31 AM

Many times a burglar upon hearing the action go cha ###### will book out for easier pickings. Nothing like the very distinctive sound a pump makes. Of course the firepower is always there if you need that too. You and Phyllis stay safe and stay well enough for that operation so we can come see you guys, Dang I miss ya'll
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#6 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 04:19 PM

Many times a burglar upon hearing the action go cha ###### will book out for easier pickings. Nothing like the very distinctive sound a pump makes. Of course the firepower is always there if you need that too. You and Phyllis stay safe and stay well enough for that operation so we can come see you guys, Dang I miss ya'll

Yep, the sound of a shell being racked in is a universal language bad guys understand. :) I'll also carry it on the ATV when I patrol for tresspassers which have been a problem on my neighbors property, that I am caretaker for, and on the property we hunt. There's lots of talk about which handgun has the best stopping power. Ever see a target hit with a load of .00 Buck? Looks like someone emptied a mag of 9mm's into it. Now THAT'S stopping power! ;)

I'm a trying Diganali. I see the dentist on the 8th and should get cleared then. Then I'm to make an apointment with the surgeon to set a date for the operation. We miss you too and hope to see you and Judy soon. Take care of yourself and get Eric to do all the hard stuff. lol

Edited by Spirithawk, 30 July 2012 - 04:20 PM.

#7 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:42 PM

You got it about having Eric do the tough jobs. That is why we have sons isn't it.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#8 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 07:17 PM

You got it about having Eric do the tough jobs. That is why we have sons isn't it.

Well, one of the reasons anyways. ;) Grandkids are nice to have around too. :)

I traded Jason for the shotgun and he told me on the phone today that he has a tac light and laser sight combo for me. That should make the shotgun very efective indeed. :) Jason spoils me. ;) lol

Edited by Spirithawk, 31 July 2012 - 07:27 PM.

#9 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 881 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 08:27 PM

Thanks guys. Me too Cayugad, but it is nice knowing it's there should I need it. I also have this on my nightstand;

My Kel Tec PF-9 9mm
Posted Image

Jerimiah, I like how you think. ;)

How do you like that pistol? I read some of them have a hard trigger. I admit, I like the feel of them and looked at the K-11 as a carry conceal weapon and just home defense. I watched some video on the pistol and the person shooting did not have jams. And I like the 9mm as a home defense weapon. Nasty little caliber.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a total wreck with a big smile on your face."

#10 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 05:19 PM

Well, I'm all set up. Tac light, laser sight and loaded with 20 pellets of #3 Buck. :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Cayugad, I like the PF-9 a lot. I've had it 3 years now without a misfeed of any kind. Very reliable with anything you feed it. I like the PF-9 over the P-11 because the PF-9 being single stack has a lot slimmer profile which makes it extremely easy to conceal. However some like the added capacity of the double stack P-11. Both are great handguns and Kel Tec's customer service is way beyond anyone elses bar none. :) I don't concider the trigger pull hard, but it is quite long, which is a safety feature and dosn't take much to get use to. It's NOT a range gun as recoil is rather snappy due to it's small size and light weight. I highly recomend a Hogue Handall Jr. grip sleeve. It's a matchup made in Heaven. ;) As a self defense, conceal carry, handgun the PF-9 is hard to beat in all aspects. The "pinkie" extention comes free with one when you buy the handgun and is fairly easy to install. I carry Hornady Custom 124 gr. JHP/XTP in mine. I never leave home without it! :)

Edited by Spirithawk, 02 August 2012 - 09:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users