• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 weekender

weekender

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:43 PM

I had been waiting on Slick Trick to get the new Viper Trick broadhead to market and just received my shippment a few days ago. I had a busy weekend as our fishing club took veteran troops from Afganistan and Iraq fishing on Saturday. Friday was spent getting everything ready for the event as we want to show these guys our appreciation for what they do. It was Sunday evening before we had a chance to get to the club for some hog action. Got setup early but it was right about 8:00 PM before the first hogs appeared. This black boar is the best my wife & I have taken from our club. 203 lbs with some nice cutters. The Viper Trick did a fine job penetrating the 1 3/4" plate on the shoulder then passing on through the near side shoulder. The boar made it about 30 yds and piled up. My video setup is low budget but I hope you enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DDQdIBp93E&feature=plcp
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 03 August 2012 - 05:55 AM

Good video for being in your words "low budget". Nice pig. I'm hoping to find somewhere close to stick a few this year. Got a few people that might let me volunteer my services to help them thin the herd and put some fresh pork in the freezer.
Semper Fi

#3 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:46 AM

That's a real nice hog! I'm a big Slick Trick fan. I really like the flight and penetration I get with the 125grn Standards. They are absolutely the toughest replaceable blade broadhead I've ever used (I've tried a pile of them) Those boys in Jonesboro, Arkansas offer some great broadheads. I've been looking forward to trying the Viper Tricks myself. I really like the concept. Looks to have all the earmarks of an outstanding penetrator. The Standards penetrate like drills out of my set up. I also like that switching from Standard to Magnum is just a blade change.

Around here. A processor won't take a hog. The risk of Brucellosis and Pseudorabies is too high. Also they must pay for a special permit needed to legally butcher pigs. You got to do the whole job yourself. It's slow careful work and your need to wear protective gloves. Don't let dogs have bones or scraps from wild pigs. The guts and bones must be disposed of so dogs cannot get to them. Pseudorabies can be contracted from the raw meat scraps, guts and bones. Pseudorabies is fatal to dogs! Brucellosis is treatable in humans but it is a long term illness.

I like wild pork. It's worth the extra precautions. Some pigs are much better eating than others.
Posted Image

#4 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:52 PM

Leo they'll take 'em around here.... Don't know if we have different regulations here or what....
Semper Fi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users