• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 RobertR

RobertR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 312 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:59 AM

I have not been around for a very long time and its time to get back here.
Thought I would share a few pictures and a short video clip. The video clip is of a mink stealing my Ling (aka Burbot) while ice fishing one morning I had a visitor, a fish stealing mink. This mink was very bold to say the least, but it was good entertainment for an hour.The mink also got inside my bucket and my ice sled.

A little photo of me in the high country looking for elk, that was no where to be found that day and as you can see it was a very cold day, well below zero.The high peaks in the back are all over 10,000 feet in elivation. It was a buitifull day with no wind and clear sky and fresh snow with no tracks yet.

A brief photo of my 2011 buck. It was down to the wire with this one, last day and the final hour of legal shooting light. Not a huge deer but a good 4x4 with no eye gaurds.
No elk in 2011 but a lot of good encounters in archery season but never could close the deal. I ended up with a doe antelope and doe whitetail also.

The big tree, which use to be my practice treestand tree blew over this last spring when we had a very high wind storm. It was a century old tree that was four and half feet at the base. The old ford looks kind of small compared to the tree. You can see the rope where my stand use to hang, luckly it was not on the tree when it blew over. Kind of looks like Herb the Love Bug now LOL.

All in all, I am doing ok and the family also. The archery antelope season starts next week on the 15th and I'm excited for the opener.

http://s4.photobucke...=1325171161.mp4
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
I'M NOT AFRAID OF COMMITMENT I'VE BEEN HUNTING AND FISHING MY WHOLE LIFE!
Montana Hunting Discovering Montana

#2 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:40 AM

Robert glad to see you back. Hopefully you won't be out of touch for so long next time. Sounds like it's been eventful for you in your absence. Keep us posted and check in more often bubba.
Semper Fi

#3 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 05:59 PM

Welcome back glad you are ok and still kicking.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#4 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:54 AM

Nice to see a familiar face ! Great pics Robert and goodluck this fall. :hunter:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users