• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,624 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:39 AM

The day was perfect and I had some time so I got my inline out and set up a target at 100 measured yds. Topped with a Bushnell 3200 4x12 AO scope last year and a planned trip to western Kansas next month I wanted to sight in at that distance. Of course I chose my favorite combo of a 300 gr XTP bullet in a harvester crush rib sabot ahead of 85 gr of 2f real bp. I had sighted an 80 gr load at 50 yds but had not tried to shoot at 100. First shot was about 3 inches low and 3 inches to the right as well as a second shot. Moved the sight and shot one more still low, after another sight move my next two shots were about 3/4 inch high and dead on. Infact those two shots were only 3/4 inch apart. That, folks is less than MOA with a muzzleloader at 100 yds. Oh yea I am a happy Ridge Runner and even if I do not get an opportunity to shoot again before my Western KS trip next month the rifle is ready. Man I love that Knight Big Horns accuracy potential.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#2 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,332 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:51 PM

The Kansas deer had best watch out! ;) Glad you had such a fun day Diganali. You well deserved one. :)

#3 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 847 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:18 AM

Sounds like a great rifle. That load will really knock a deer off its feet. I shoot that same load out of my Wolverine. It is very accurate. Those Kansas deer better behave around you.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a total wreck with a big smile on your face."

#4 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,624 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:13 PM

I just hope a great Kansas buck with his party headgear shows up. In your other post you mentioned getting hammered by your Wolverine. I use a shooting sled made by Boyt. It is somewhat like a Caldwell lead sled but is much cheaper. What I really like is the buttstock is held up by a tuning fork shaped piece with leather between it for recoil. It allows the rifle to move pretty much as it would if you held it but really reduces the felt recoil if the rifle is slid all the way back before the shot.

#5 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 847 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:53 PM

I like getting kicked around. Make me thing of the good old days. Just kidding. I don't like lead sleds. I had a friend that used one and could not understand why his scopes kept breaking. Turns out the lead sled was holding the gun too solid and the scopes suffered. With them cheap scopes I use, they'd break for sure.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a total wreck with a big smile on your face."

#6 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,624 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:08 PM

The Boyt is not a lead sled, and Instead of a solid buttstock rest it has that leather cup and if you push the rifle an inch or so forward you get the recoil effects. I have not had any problems with scopes using mine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users