Arkansas' Curve Ball....

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:50 PM

Well all after ATLEAST 14 years of archery deer season opening on Oct. 1st EVERY YEAR.... Arkansas has thrown me a curve ball.... They're opening it up Sept. 15th. I'm grateful for more time in the woods, but it would have been nice if I could have planned accordingly. LOL I have decided this year it's all bow and muzzleloader this year for me. I want to take a deer with one or both. I have alot of work to do and no time to do it in because of a few unexpected circumstances. Luckily I'll be able to sit still inside the blind this year thanks to the back surgery. Last year sitting for any extended amount of time made me feel like I had been beaten with a 2x4 by the time I stood up. This is going to be a good year if I can get the work put in on my stand site and get things moving. If everything works out well, I'm going to go this weekend and get my food plot planted and it will hopefully have some sort of sprouts growing by Oct 1st when my vacation time I put in for at the start of the year kicks in. I think I'm more excited this year than last year even though I've had no time to prep. :hunter:
Semper Fi

#2 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:16 PM

They changed it to Sept. 15 here a while back. While it's nice to get back into the woods, bow in hand, a couple weeks early the hunting is not all that great yet. Things are still too over grown, bugs at their worst and temps much too hot to be remotely comfortable while hunting. Wishing you good luck Terry. I go back to the dentist the 28th. Should get all the stitches out then as they plan on making the molds for my dentures. Then it's off to the heart surgeon to get the word on when he wants to operate. I'm realy hoping it can be put off a bit longer untill January if possible. If not, and he says it's necesary soon as possible, I'm not likely to have deer season at all this year. Keeping my fingers crossed. ;)

#3 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:30 AM

Norm, I've been thinking about how hot it's going to be, and how EVERYTHING is still gonna be as green as it can be with the drought and all, not to mention the mosquitos and the rest of the creepy crawlys..... But with the withdrawl I've been having, I think I'll take it flawed or not LOL ;)

Good Luck with the dentist and heart surgeon. Hopefully he'll let you hunt a little bit this year before he does the surgery.

Edited by TerryfromAR, 23 August 2012 - 05:31 AM.

Semper Fi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users