Loss.....

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:25 PM

This evening, September 7th 2012 at 5:20PM central time, Heaven gained another angel. My Dad, Curtis Freeman passed away surrounded by family and love at the age of 70 years old. He was preceeded in death by his wife of 48years Dewana Freeman, his daughter Devana Thompson, and 3 brothers, BB, Harold, and Wayne Freeman. He is survived by his 2nd wife of 2 years Linda O'corr, son Tony Freeman and Tony's wife Jennifer Freeman, His son Terry Freeman and Terry's wife Jennifer Campbell, His Daughter Darlene Edwards, His daughter Karen Reed and her husband James Reed, and his daughter Ashley Pope and her husband Danny Pope as well as 4 granddaughters, 6 grandsons, 3 great grandbabies, 2 Sisters Dovie Parker and Dizer Burris, and 5 brothers Ronnie, Donnie, Carl, Neal and Marlin Freeman. My Dad was a good man, a hard worker, and a great father. I humbly ask for prayers to help guide my family through the grieving process. This is truely one of the hardest tests of my faith to date because I sat in his room for 2 days watching him slowly deteriorate. Through God I will find my strength again and become even stronger, it will however take time and patience. I urge any smokers out there to quit now and quit for good. Cancer is not the only risk associated with smoking. COPD is a very dangerous condition that is irreversible and only hurts your family.
Semper Fi

#2 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:53 PM

I'm sorry Terry. Prayers sent!
Posted Image

#3 J Gabel

J Gabel

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 09:22 PM

Terry, I'm sorry for your loss.
Prayers for you and your family.

#4 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:08 AM

Not fun at all, my friend.
You will all continue to be in my prayers.

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#5 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:52 AM

Losing your dad is a really big loss. Lost mine in 1989 and still miss him. Praying for the family.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#6 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:11 AM

Thank you all......
Semper Fi

#7 Woody

Woody

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:18 PM

Sorry for Your loss, :pray:
Posted Image
Woody, and the Queen
Woody's Knives and Leather

#8 Fossil

Fossil

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Interests:Hunting,fishing and rockhounding..............

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:20 PM

Sorry for your loss.Lost my Dad 5 years ago and my Mom 7 years ago................Doesn't seem like it,but it does get better.
You have memories that nobody can take away...........Keep them...
Posted Image

God,family and friends-What else is there..................

#9 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 03:52 PM

After he passed away we had a little fellowship around the room and I shared some of Dad's stories with a cousin that will be officiating his funeral. It's great that he told me all these stories and that I remember them. I am going to miss him for a long long time, but I know at some point I'll be able to talk about him with a smile on my face and no tears in my eyes. I saw my Dad cry 3 times in my life. The first was in 1990 when my sister passed away, the second was when I was leaving for Marine Corps bootcamp, he looked at me with tears in his eyes and told me that he couldn't be more proud than he was right then, and the 3rd time was when Mom passed away. I'm doing my best to help with the planning and preparation for his funeral, but it's wearing on me. I have had to mediate a few things but it could have been much much worse.
Semper Fi

#10 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:45 PM

Sorry for your loss. I lost my dad back in 78. Just remember, your dad is always as close as your own heart.

#11 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:37 PM

Once again, thank you all for all the support. Tomorrow is the funeral and we have been sticking pretty close together. It's really tough right now so I'm really glad we've got a tight-knit family.

Norm, I know. It's just really hard to keep that in perspective right now. Once again thanks.
Semper Fi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users