• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 881 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:59 PM

The other day I was going to shoot some roundball out of the CVA Staghorn Magnum because Falcon did it and I wanted to see what mine could do. I decided on 70 grains of Schuetzen 2f. I know the rifle is sighted in for 50 yards so that is where I set the target.

I also took out some 240 grain .44 caliber XTPs with black Traditions sabots, Some 420 grain pure lead come cast Flat point bullets with orange Knight sabots, Home cast roundball of course, and some other bullets that were in the bottom of the shooting bag.

Posted Image

I shot all sorts of powder charges. With roundball I used 70 grains of Schuetzen 2f and they grouped perfect. With the Hornady XTPs I used 90 grains of Schuetzen and again, they grouped perfect. The big 420 grain .458 bullets I only used 70 grains and they too.. grouped pretty good. It seems just about anything I was shooting was hitting in the general area.

The roundball groups at 10 o'clock for the most part. The 240 grain XTP at 12:00 o'clock and the big .458 went around the bulls eye.

So I aimed at the turkey in the lower corner and tried two off hand shots at 50 yards. This time, I did as someone suggested. Pulled up, scope crossed the turkey, I fired.

Posted Image

I do have to work on that..

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a total wreck with a big smile on your face."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users