• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 RobertR

RobertR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 312 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:26 AM

I got caught with my hands in my pockets. I decided to see where the antelope disappeared to and walked off from the decoy and left my bow there also. When I came back over the hill here is a buck and doe less than twenty yards from the decoy. I wish I had the camera instead of the cell phone because of the distance, oh well, it was kind of comical. Yes we still have lots of smoke which makes seeing the antelope harder. Oh ya you see my bow laying in front of the decoy LOL.
Yesterday for fun I called a small bull moose in and he got a little aggravated.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
I'M NOT AFRAID OF COMMITMENT I'VE BEEN HUNTING AND FISHING MY WHOLE LIFE!
Montana Hunting Discovering Montana

#2 sschneid73

sschneid73

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:51 PM

That is comical. I did that with turkeys though. Went to lunch and came back only to find 3 nice toms strutting in front of my blind and decoy.

Steve

#3 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:12 AM

Yep, you gotta laugh!

Decoys work whether you are there or not. I've had that pounded into me repeatedly duck hunting. Taking up a whole spread and putting it back is impractical. So any time you leave the ducks are a threat to land in the decoys. It happens with such predictable frequency, stalking the decoys to get back is a habit. And it's why I never leave my gun in the blind.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users