• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:37 AM

Eric and I hunted hard all week in PAs early muzzleloader doe season but neither of us fired a shot. The deer were hard to find with all the acorns this year. We did see deer but most were youngsters and we let em walk. We did get some great exercise though just no venison on the ground. Next up is turkeys and we did find some of them.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#2 sschneid73

sschneid73

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:59 PM

Sorry about no deer Paul. I have 7 tags to fill and so far 2 does down. 5 more to go. I will most lilely fill all tags again despite EHD. Looking forward to my annual Big Springs Nebraksa deer hunt in a couple of weeks. The guys last year took 2 deer in the 180 range. Good hunting the rest of the season.

Steve

#3 REDGREEN

REDGREEN

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,461 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing,wood carving, waking up with a pulse

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:06 PM

Hope that you have better luck the rest of the season, Paul. A couple weeks, and we shall see how I make out.

#4 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:09 AM

Sorry to hear that. My seasons been a bust too. My local parks I've been hunting had been hit hard by the ice storm that left me with out power for 5 days last october( 10/29). Lots of oak limbs (still have the leaves on) laying on the ground.I've seen no acorns. I've also seen only 1 doe fawn. Between the rain & foggy mornings on wednesdays this month & the lack of food..... But on a good note last wednesday I found my first rub line of the season.

Edited by Whitetiger, 23 October 2012 - 07:10 AM.

#5 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:19 PM

Scott it surprises me that you do not have acorns. Our woods and mountainsides are litteraly covered with them. The farmer that lets us hunt said he had a good number of deer coming into his fields untill the acorns started to fall then nothing. The experts tell us to hunt the trees that have acorns but this year they all seem to be producing bushels.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users