2 replies to this topic

#1 MyShootinStinks

MyShootinStinks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Hunting with sidelocks, Civil war, camping

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:01 AM

I took my smoothbore out to the range to try and tighten up my groups. I have been shooting to the right of my target and the first 4 shots yesterday were no different, they just made it on my target otside the black circle. so I decided to dry fire a couple of times using a peice of wood instead of my flint. I noticed that I was flinching when I pulled the trigger, I didn't even realize it. So I settled down and followed through on my next 4 shots, all ended up in the black circle. I think I'm finally ready for hunting with this smoothie. The target was at 30 yds using 70gr. 3F and a .60 ball with a .020 ox yoke patch.
Posted Image

Edited by MyShootinStinks, 27 October 2012 - 07:07 AM.

#2 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 04:58 PM

Go get em target looks good. Just do not flinch on the real thing either.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#3 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 881 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:50 PM

When I had my .62 smoothbore it had actual sights on it. My load was 70 grains of black powder and a .600 ball as well. I found that after 40 steps... the accuracy was terrible. I once shot at a brown paper grocery bag... I was 75 yards away. I shot five time and managed to hit the bag once. But 35 yards and under.. the thing was pretty good.

That's good shooting. And any deer comes in your range is as good as dead.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a total wreck with a big smile on your face."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users