• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Fossil

Fossil

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Interests:Hunting,fishing and rockhounding..............

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:46 PM

We moved to Oregon two years ago and still not hunting!!! Their seasons here are short and no deer to be seen(Blacktail)....Very pricey tags too,just not use to the ways of hunting out this way!
Miss the hunting in North Dakota,so simple and game everywhere you hunted!
Hopefully next year I'll tag up and go hunting in eastern Oregon,because there sure isn't any deer where I'm at,that I can see!(western Valley)
Brother in laws want to hook up for some elk hunting in eastern Oregon next fall,that I might jump on....
At least I get to help butcher the deer with the brother in laws,if and when they get one..LOL
Some guys out here might only get one deer in a three to four year window(thats nuts)!!!
North Dakota I got four deer a season!!!!
Well I'm done standing on my soap box for now.LOL
Other than that I love the fishing here and the weather is a + too! Good luck everyone,on your hunts...
Posted Image

God,family and friends-What else is there..................

#2 REDGREEN

REDGREEN

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,461 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing,wood carving, waking up with a pulse

Posted 27 October 2012 - 04:01 PM

Nice to see that you still have a pulse, Fossil. Sorry to hear about the no deer. You should have moved to Alberta. Lots of em here! I dunno if the fishing is a plus or not. I'd sooner have a bambi in my freezer than a trout. :p

#3 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:21 AM

I have heard that Oregon hunting is about the toughest there is. Of course I live all the way across the continent and normally expect to at least see deer each outing.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#4 sschneid73

sschneid73

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:33 PM

I feel your pain fossil. I don't know what I would do if I couldn't be in the stand let alone not be able to harvest at least 1 deer a year. I am spoiled here in Nebraska. My stand is less than 5 miles away and usually see deer almost every night. This year has been a little difficult with EHD devistating our herds. I have 7 tags this year and have already stuck 2 does. Hoping to fill 3 more out west when I head out for the rifle season.

Steve

#5 Fossil

Fossil

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:46 PM

Thinking of saving up money and start hunting with my brothers in Montana "Musselshell Valley" area.....Old stomping grounds as a kid and a few years after....
Got my biggest Mulie and Whitetail there,plus have never hunted with my brothers(that would be the plus)...
Posted Image

#6 Fossil

Fossil

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:52 PM

Nice to see that you still have a pulse, Fossil. Sorry to hear about the no deer. You should have moved to Alberta. Lots of em here! I dunno if the fishing is a plus or not. I'd sooner have a bambi in my freezer than a trout. :p

RED,the reason I left North Dakota was to get away from the snow,ice and winters.........LOL I guess the good point to it is I'm a great butcher and they know it too,so I get to help with the cutting and wrapping,plus hear some great hunting stories.......(plus I get a few steaks and sausage)
There is always a good side to it all-right...Thumbs up!!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users