• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 881 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:11 PM

My old wood stove last night started to smoke a lot. I checked it close and it looks pretty well burned out. A lot of the welds are giving out, and the inner roof is almost burned through. 14 years of long winters will do that to a stove. And I knew the day was coming.. It will make a good garage stove for heating the shop and burning trash.

So this morning bright and early I headed to the BIG BIG city. Actually it is only 120 miles away one way. But for me that is a trip. We got there and I found a real nice wood stove and told them to load it in the truck. And then I made the mistake of walking by the sporting goods section of the store. And there is hung.. all nice and shiny in its plastic wrap.

Posted Image

It was the same model Optima that Wal Mart had for $219.00. Better judgement told me not to go over there and look at it, but curiosity got the better of me. And as I walked towards it I told myself.. if you're the same price or better then Wal Mart was.. you are going home with me.

Sale ended midnight tonight. $209.99 for a stainless steel CVA 50 caliber Optima. Last one on the rack. And now they have none.. so besides dropping a bundle on a new wood stove (its a beauty) I came home one more rifle heavy. But I am sure it will be welcome.

I cleaned the rifle and it looks perfect. Really, the fit and finish are very impressive. But since I had company I could not very well leave them in the house and go out in the yard and shoot it. Not that I did not consider that. But sometimes you have to behave.

This does not have the BlackHorn 209 plug, but I do intend to try BlackHorn in it. But if you have any loads that work in your Optima... lets hear them. I will try about anything once.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a total wreck with a big smile on your face."

#2 REDGREEN

REDGREEN

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,461 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing,wood carving, waking up with a pulse

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:55 PM

:shock: You are like taking a kid into a candy store! Can't get out of there without something in your hands.! :rofl: Hope that it shoots well for you. Seems to me that Norm has an Optima. Give him a call and I'm sure that he can tell you what works with it. :hunter:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users