• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:32 PM

Eric and I headed across the valley to the mountain this morning to get us a couple of turkeys. We just only started and bumped a little doe. We bumped turkeys less than 100 yds later. I got a shot at one flying but only served to speed it on its way. We ran to the flock and scattered them except for one and Eric got that one. We worked the scattered flock most of the rest of the morning but a guy came by on a 4 wheeler and proceeded to cut down a tree which might have made the birds reluctant to come in. Went back this afternoon and just past the barn we saw a flock in the field near the woods. there not being any cover except a corn field we had few choices. When we got up there the birds were gone and did not reply to any calls. We do have most of next week to down another one for me.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#2 REDGREEN

REDGREEN

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,461 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing,wood carving, waking up with a pulse

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:07 PM

Congrats to Eric on the turkey. Question, though. :hmm: How could you miss something that is as big as a beachball with a scattergun???? :stir: :idea: I know! Turkey fever! :whistle:

#3 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:39 PM

Missing is the easy part just hit the air around one and you get a miss, easy as pie. Really though when using a scattergun with a special turkey choke on a flying bird one had better be spot on or you get what I did, a miss.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users