#1 REDGREEN

REDGREEN

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,461 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing,wood carving, waking up with a pulse

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:02 AM

Posted ImagePosted Image

I was awake at 5 am. and raring to go. Crawled out of bed, Started the tea kettle, and started loading the pickup. I made myself a Thermos of tea, loaded it with honey, and was on my way. I arrived where I wanted to be at 7 am, and poured a cup and started scanning the brush and draws. I saw around 20 whitetail does over the next few hours, but no bucks. I heard a few shots here and there, and was going to go elsewhere when I spotted a good 4x4 come flying down off the ridge. He was sure in a hurry, late for a date, I'm thinking. At noon, I decided to go elsewhere. On the way out, I met a husband and wife team that were trying to find a 3 legged buck. I helped them look for a couple hours, then left and went up to Dennis's ranch. I had a good look around there, seen 2 herds of mule deer. One herd had 2 shooter bucks in it, the other had one. Left there, and checked out another area. There, I seen 5 mule does and the biggest mule buck that I have ever seen in my life! Sure wish that I had a mule tag this year! I then left there to check out another draw that I hunt. Just before there, I met a lady sitting in an access road. She was eyeballing 2 bucks and a doe that were in her stubble field. She told me to go for it if I wanted to. I lasered them at 487 yards, and got comfortable. I figured that it was time to make a long distance call with Ma Bell. They were feeding, without a care in the world. They then decided that they didn't like where they were, and took off to the east for another draw. We dropped her gate, and drove probably 1/2 mile across the stubble. We snuck over the top and there they were were 335 yards out. The Weatherby roared, and he dropped. I took about 1/4" off the top of his heart, severed the aorta and she got the second one. I had mine cleaned and she was still trying to get hers done. I went over and gave her a hand. Actually, I finished it for her. She had no bone saw, and her knife leaves a little to be desired.We loaded both of them in my truck, and I delivered hers to her home. All in all, a real good day. I made a friend that loves to hunt and fish, and she has promised to come and visit me as soon as she comes to town. I also met her dad, who is a great fellow too. She told me to come down there to hunt any time that I want. Who could ask for more? Certainly not me. Good luck to everybody.

Edited by REDGREEN, 15 November 2012 - 12:15 AM.

#2 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:28 AM

Way to go Red. You just never know when you lend a helping hand what the outcome might be.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#3 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:23 PM

Super day of action Redgreen ! Congrats on a great buck & making a new friend ! :hunter:
Posted Image

#4 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:36 PM

That's great! Love it!
Posted Image

#5 Fossil

Fossil

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Interests:Hunting,fishing and rockhounding..............

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:15 PM

Red Congrads!
Posted Image

God,family and friends-What else is there..................

#6 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fly fishing, long range shooting, hiking, camping, panning gold, reloading

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:06 PM

COngrats on a great deer Fred. Looks like many good venison meals too.
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

#7 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:13 PM

Awesome my friend! Congrats big time on everything and way to go! :)

#8 J Gabel

J Gabel

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:01 PM

Nice buck and a great story.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users