Photo

What Kind Of Forearm/foregrip Do You Like?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 willcfish

willcfish

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:59 PM

There are many types of forearms on shotguns these days. What is your favorite? Traditional, Tactical Firearm style?
Does it depend on the shotgun?
Choat Composite Black?

#2 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:04 AM

I do prefer a standard forearm on my turkey gun but absolutely love the full pistol grip buttstock. I find it more comfortable to hold for a longer time.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#3 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 881 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:51 AM

That depends on what I want to do with the shotgun.  If this were a self defense shotgun, then the full forward pistol grip is almost a must.  It gives you much more speed and no aiming comtrol.  But for hunting, I like the traditional grips.  It seems they fit my style when wing shooting, and I twist and follow birds.

As a side not, I have a tactical rifle I shoot a lot on the range.  And I have the tactical front grip on it.  But I constantly find myself taking that off when I want to thread the needle shooting tricks.  Then I remove the grip and rest the rail on the bag. I think it lets me get deeper into the rifle.  BUT when I combat shoot, or walk and shoot as some call it, the pistol grip is such a plus.

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a total wreck with a big smile on your face."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users