Photo

Busted! When The Dominant Doe Makes You.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 willcfish

willcfish

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:33 PM

How many of you have seen this before?

#2 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:16 AM

That scene is very familiar to me. I have seen it played and replayed many times when in the woods. I once had a doe at only about 10 yds that did everything she could to get me to move. She did all that the doe in the video did and then some. A favorite trick of a doe that suspects danger is to lower her head like she is going to eat and snapping it up quickly to try to make you move. Of course the eyes never leave you. That same doe also took a jumping like step toward me and back again. It was so comical I almost laughed several times. Oh what one sees when they do not have a camera. I have also found that if a deer sees something not quite right it will do just that the deer in the video did till they confirm danger with another sense. But if the nose detects danger they will be out of there in a heartbeat.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#3 willcfish

willcfish

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:46 AM

Hi PARR,
The last sentence you wrote about the nose detecting danger says it all. They can be comical. I had a doe leave her young of the year just inside a thicket and she came out within 20 yards. The fawn got antsy and came out. The doe lifted a hoof and put it right on the rump driving the fawn to the ground. It went back and stood where she left it. What a picture.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users