2 replies to this topic

#1 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:47 AM

Ok, as if my public land hunts arent hard enough. Now I more issues to deal with. Last year & this year we had two bad storms on the same date 10/29. Last year was a bad ice storm brought down alot of trees, especially oak. This years hurricane did the same. As a result the deer shifted patterns so I havent seen anything while out hunting. The other week we have a light snow fall so I did some tracking, mapped everything out on the gps & google earth. I went on wednesday as my last hunt before 12/26 and to put my trail cam out to see when they're filing through. So what do I find? A poachers station complete with ladder stand & blind, trail camera facing stand and a big pile of corn between the two. I marked it on my gps, Called the pgc. They were aware of it & trying to catch him on stand. So now I dont know, how much damage was done to my local herd by this Ba$tard. Should I still hunt it this year when the season reopens after Christmas. I want to put my camera out but dont want to spook the poacher, less he flee or I beat him myself. Its a small park the township gives us the priveledge to hunt by permit. His actions threaten to take that away from the rest of us. There are areas of PA where baiting is legal but its not close to me & its only on private land not public land.

#2 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:11 PM

Scott you had better check with the PGC to be sure it is legal to hunt that baited area if baiting is not legal there. A wildlife officer can ban hunting up to a half mile around the bait. Don't want you to inadvertantly run amok of the law.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#3 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:31 AM

when I talked to the wco, he didnt tell me not to hunt any particular area. but I'll double check.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users