Arming The Wife.....

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:29 PM

Brandon, looking through the barrel, inspecting everything I can see, I just don't see ANYTHING that should be causing it..... no marring anywhere, cylinder looks like it lines up, nothing appears to be wrong, but the little cut on my ear said it's throwing something back.

Semper Fi

#17 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:31 AM

On a related note... I took my Dad's Rossi 38 Spcl that I have with us and for whatever reason it's sending small frags out the side of the chamber when fired. I'm thinking timing, maybe some imperfection in the forcing cone, or maybe just cheap ammo.... I want to get the opinions of the folks here because I don't want to retire it all together. It was Dad's gun and I want to be able to pass it down to my son in perfect firing condition.

It may need to be disassembled and "deep" cleaned. I'd use gun scrubber spray and lube it with Winchester CLP.

It's amazing how just a little bit of junk in a hidden area can cause malfunctions.
Posted Image

#18 Joe

Joe

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:07 PM

Sounds like a timing issue

MR300WM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users