Will!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 20 July 2006 - 04:54 PM

Will i found the broadheads i'm gonna use for E3... they are made by Aftershock Archery, and they are called the Hypershock 100... heres a picture :D You recommended an expandable, and i think i found a doosie.

Posted Image
Semper Fi

#2 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 20 July 2006 - 05:00 PM

Will, i forgot to say, i did infact purchase them as well :D
Semper Fi

#3 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 05:54 PM

Terry,
I carried 3 of those at E2. I got excellent downrange accurracy with em out to 55 yds. I did a comparrison test in my block target against thunderheads, wasp, aftershocks, & Bear razorbacks.....all 100 gr.
Believe it or not, the best penetration was the old razorbacks by a couple of inches over any of the others and they shot excellent groups out to 45 yds. Beyond 45 the aftershocks were better for my set-up. *they also opened everytime and leave a huge wound channel once opened up inside the target. I was only shooting 60lbs., so I opted for the razorbacks to ensure a decent entry wound since I felt that chances weren't as good for a pass through on an elk sized critter ....thus a poor bloodtrail to try and follow. I carried 3 arrows tipped with each just in case. I can't wait to try an aftershock on a whitetail.
* Will said any elk with a bow is a trophy and Bruce said they always stop in bow range with something covering their vitals. Words of wisdom to live by !!!!
:D Will had me within 45 yds of a broadside cow the first 1 1/2hr of the hunt(the bull was 5 yds behind out of my vison until it was leaving) and I had cows at 22 & 28 yards the 4th day.....most fun 6 days of hunting I've ever had and I still found that tag soup tastes the same in CO as PA !

Edited by Phil, 20 July 2006 - 05:57 PM.

Posted Image

#4 iamyourhuckleberry

iamyourhuckleberry

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 944 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 10:46 PM

Let's give em heck Terry! :D

Phil...remember, MR. Rice had one sitting in his lap. Those suckers are tough to kill!
Posted Image

Lurking in McDonalds near you!

Confidence makes the hunter, PSE makes the bow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users