6 replies to this topic

#1 REDGREEN

REDGREEN

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,461 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing,wood carving, waking up with a pulse

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:27 PM

This is  a great site, and of late, there have been few posts made and NO CHAT! Lets set up a night, be it Fridays or Saturdays, and everybody get in here. If there is no interest here, the powers that be might just decide to spend there time where someone appreciates all of their hard work. This is a place where a great bunch has come together, lets keep it alive!

#2 J Gabel

J Gabel

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:00 AM

Red, I just had this conversation a few weeks back with several of the fellows that still come here and post from time to time.

With the ability to "log in" and "view" from these other social media sites with out actually coming in to this site people don't post here anymore. They stay on face book, pop in here, look around then leave.

This site along with many many others have hundreds if not thousans of "views" per day and only a post from time to time.

A local radio personality just the other day said she is thinking about dropping face book.

she said she no longer gets together with friends on the weekends for a coffee or a drink to talk about whats going on in everyones lifes anymore because everything is posted to face book the second something happens.

I'm glad I dont have a face book, don't need it, don't want it!

I wish this site could turn back to the way it was a few years ago, when you logged in and there were 10 to 25 people logged in at any given time and when you didn't check in for a few days you had several new topics and multiple new post to read

The times, they are a changin'

#3 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fly fishing, long range shooting, hiking, camping, panning gold, reloading

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:34 PM

I can come on most eves. I have been on for an hour or so a few times inthe last three weeks but noooo one there. In chat that is.

SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

#4 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fly fishing, long range shooting, hiking, camping, panning gold, reloading

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:36 PM

Wow theres too many in chat room and I cant get in. Well I guess thats good.

SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

#5 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:53 PM

The room is empty but the message says its full. Weird. Jeremiah may need to check that out.

SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

#6 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:44 PM

It's being investigated.

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#7 rbduck

rbduck

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:39 PM

Agreed guys. It seems all the hunting sites I frequent have slowed right down over the years. Don`t know if it is all that FB/Twitter type sites or the novelty of all these sites have worn off. I do agree with J Gabel about the social sites though. I am on FB just so I can keep in touch with my family who are spread all over the country. I do see people on there post 20 times a day or so. I really don`t care if you woke up, had a coffee and are now going to take a bath etc.

As for the hunting sites, they are great learning tools for anyone new or old to the hunting/shooting scene. I frequent mine daily but as said above, may not post all of the time. I have also made/met some great new friends over the years on these sites also....RedGreen included. If not for these sites I would never have traveled to Kentucky a few years ago either( as an example) to visit someone I met on another hunting site.

The times, they are a changing folks.

Ron

Quail is the virgin
Duck is the mature woman
.....Iron Chef

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users