5 replies to this topic

#1 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:46 AM

recently giffords husband tried purchasing firearms and was denied because he lied on his application about who the purchase was for.  It's been awhile since I bought  a new firearm and dont remember it from when I bought my pistol back in 2001. Is that question standard across the US now? If so, is there an option to say no and still get the purchase? Im thinking, in a few years I'll be buying a youth model 22 for my daughter. Obviously, it wouldnt be for me. But it wouldnt be a straw purchase either. I'd hate to be denied for commit a felony for buying my daughters first firearm.

#2 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:53 PM

Since it's for your daughter and you will retain control of it I don't think it's farfetched or unethical to say that it will remain in your possesion. The question is actually "Are you buying this firearm for yourself?"

Semper Fi

#3 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:14 PM

H

Edited by Spirithawk, 16 August 2013 - 11:37 AM.

#4 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:54 PM

That brings something to mind. I wonder how the rifles and handguns are purchased that are being raffled off. I know the NRA has been doing that for years. How do they know the winner can legally own a gun.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#5 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:16 PM

That brings something to mind. I wonder how the rifles and handguns are purchased that are being raffled off. I know the NRA has been doing that for years. How do they know the winner can legally own a gun.

When I won my first gun raffle last year, If I opted out for the cash instead of the firearm I got back a little less then the total value of the purchase because the full price quoted included the cost of a background check.

#6 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:04 AM

l

Edited by Spirithawk, 16 August 2013 - 11:36 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users