6 replies to this topic

#1 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:41 PM

I fnaly got all of my leather together for my 1911. It realy pays to shop around. Got a Gould & Goodrich Gold Series Holster and a Gold & Goodrich dual magazine holder off Ebay for a total of just $50 and found a brand new Safariland Competition Belt at a local thrift store for just $1.00.  I'm Happy Happy Happy! :)

SAM_0437_zps8cfdefda.jpg

Edited by Spirithawk, 11 April 2013 - 09:42 PM.

#2 mudduck

mudduck

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • Interests:Interested in almost everything, unless it bores me, then I'm not interested anymore

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:41 PM

Great looking outfit!! And you did get a great deal on that Holster. I just had one made for my .40 Sig. And yet again, I need to know more. I'm not familiar with the type pictured, so my question is, is that a strap across the top? is it held in place by Velcro? I noticed this gun with hammer back, one pictured in Feb has hammer down but still fits. Just curious, and again, Great looking outfit!

#3 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:56 PM

I love finding deals like that. (I wish it happened to me more often. LOL)

Glad to see you're still hangin' in with us, Norm.

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#4 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:54 PM

Jeff thanks. :) Same gun just differant grips. Yes it is a strap with a snap closure thumb break. It will go over the hammer with the hammer down but it's tight. It is actually made to go between the hammer and firing pin. I like the snap because it's very easy to open on the draw. Can't do that with velcro.  I look at it as an added safety when carrying cocked and locked but the main reason I chose this type of holster over an open top is that I carry when riding my ATV and don't have to worry about my 1911 working it's way out of the holster when traversing rough terrain. Each G&G holster is hand made from the tanning of the leather to the molding and stitching.

Jerimiah, thanks I'm doing my best to get back in the swing of things but it's an uphill battle all the way. I've all but given up on the VA and wouldn't trust them to give my dog a shot.  I won the bidding and paid $38.00 for the holster with free shipping.  It lists for around $80.00 normaly not including tax and shipping.  I gave just $12.00 for the dual mag holder also with free shipping. Got it cheap because it was a LE trade in. The company selling it had about 30 of them. All in almost new condition. At that price I should have bought them all and re-sold  them. They list new for around $50.00. It can be worn vertical or horizontal on the belt.

Edited by Spirithawk, 13 April 2013 - 09:10 PM.

#5 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:06 PM

Nice!

Semper Fi

#6 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 881 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:08 PM

Very nice looking.  When I was working as a police officer I carried a Colt 1911 Combat Commander in a jackass shoulder rig.  It was carried lock, cocked, and ready to rock..  as we used to say.  Then on the other side, was a holster that held two additional magazines.  It was a nice rig and easy to conceal with just a light jacket.

That set up you have looks like a nice comfortable rig.  Should work real good for you.  And you got a heck of a deal.

Wow,,  I just looked up the old holster I used to carry. $194.00 for the rig.  I paid $45.00 30 some years ago for the same thing.  And it was top of the line at that time...http://www.gunaccess...ulderSystem.asp

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a total wreck with a big smile on your face."

#7 BrandonT

BrandonT

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 208 posts
  • Interests:Anything outdoors!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:04 AM

Talk about a deal! I ordered a holster for my Springfield XDM .45 back in February. Over $100 and still waiting to get it. Lol. Not sure I like handmade stuff anymore. ;-)
BrandonT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users