Photo

Power Loading My Boat Works For Me. Not Legal In Some Places.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 willcfish

willcfish

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:37 PM

Boat loading made easy for me so I don't have to get out.
Not saying this is the safest way but it keeps me out from between the truck and trailer 
and the dock. 

#2 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:14 PM

This is exactly how I do it as well.

One tip about determining proper trailer depth for your boat and trailer combination.

When you launch the boat have the driver back up slowly until you are just able to back off the trailer under power. Make sure the driver knows to stop as soon as they see the boat moving away from the vehicle. Note where the trailer sits in the water now. That's as deep as you want it when driving back on the trailer.
Posted Image

#3 willcfish

willcfish

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:43 PM

That sounds about right Leo. The wife had the trailer in just a little deeper than I prefer but if she's willing to back it in I don't get too particular. I've found that with my trailer about 2" of fender showing is the sweet spot. 

#4 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:29 AM

The current we have to deal with here. Plus the steepness of the ramps due to tide fluctuations (sometimes as much as 9 feet!). Power loading is the only way you can get your boat straight on the trailer.

Since at low tide the ramps are slick and covered in mud. I quite often have to pull the boat out in 4x4 low mode or get stuck on the ramp.
Posted Image

#5 willcfish

willcfish

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 03:49 PM

Algae is about the worst thing we have. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users