Game Cam Suprise.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 10 August 2013 - 05:26 PM

After hunting the same property for roughly 28 years...... I am proud to report I have seen via gamecam one species that I never knew inhabited this particular property..... I pulled my gamecam down and brought it home to make sure everything was still working on it properly. Ofcourse after being in the woods un-touched since November, with no SD card in it, it was full (65 pictures). About picture 16 I got quite the pleasant surprise.

1170855_703747416319192_1121077402_n.jpg

Edited by TerryfromAR, 10 August 2013 - 05:27 PM.

Semper Fi

#2 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:26 AM

For the turkeys to be there in the spring it will depend on the food available there at that time.  If there is nothing for them to eat.  They won't be there.  Lots of places I've hunted in the past have many turkeys there in the fall and none in the spring.  Where you see turkeys during their hunting season is far more important than where you've seen them during deer season.

If it's legal where you hunt.  Your best bet is to plant some chufas or other spring food plot to attract them in the spring.

Posted Image

#3 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:49 AM

Fully agree with Leo. If springtime food is not there neither will the turkeys be there. Just like deer they follow the food. If there are food plots or agriculture fields nearby the birds may still be there for the spring though.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#4 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 12 August 2013 - 06:41 PM

I was just excited that I caught them on camera... That's the only picture I've seen of them so that might have just been a fluke... I'll probably put the cam back out closer to deer season and see what happens... If I can get them in during deer season and keep them there, I'll see about busting them come spring, I'll plant something to keep them around.

Semper Fi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users