• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fly fishing, long range shooting, hiking, camping, panning gold, reloading

Posted 21 July 2006 - 01:27 PM

Wife and I are vacationing a few days in Gunnison. I went to the BLM office and got us a handful of BLM topo maps of Pando area for us to use and share. They were 4.00 each. Lemme know if I need more I'll get some at another office when I get back to Pueblo.
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

#2 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 03:26 PM

Silver reserve one for Eric and I. One will do between us. I do presume that North is clearly marked :lol: .
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#3 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 21 July 2006 - 05:43 PM

Silver you da man!! LOL I'll personally reimburse you for the cost of one of those maps, and pass it around camp for whomever needs it... after a couple of days i should have my bearing pretty good..
Semper Fi

#4 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 21 July 2006 - 07:16 PM

Paul:
All 4 of the Norths are very clearly marked :) We'll make sure of that for you ^_^

Charlie...a big thanks for all the work and items your coming up with for E3. Its that type of pre season work that will make it much more relaxing and fun for everyone when they get to camp.
THANKS!!!!!!!!!!
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#5 Eric

Eric

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 07:23 PM

One will do between us.

Charlie you better get us 2 because when Pop gets lost I want to have my own so I can find my own way. :P :lol: :lol:

And Bruce don't pick on Pappy to much cuz I will not hear the end of it. :rolleyes: :rofl:
AKA PA Spike King
Casters Hunting Club
Real Men Shoot Flintlocks
International Harvester Tractors
2008 Realtree Turkey Contest Team Champs!

#6 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 21 July 2006 - 07:30 PM

:no: eric:
he'll be looking like the man in the tree with his binos searching for plume of smoke curling up out of jacks outfitter tent, with the wood stove that is kept cherry red.

we havent lost anyone at E camp yet.

by 10 pm if they are still out there, they just listen for the roar of the dualing chain saws. ( that the normal sound in camp ) snoring, -_- either that or the laughter. :o)

there is pleanty of both.
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#7 Eric

Eric

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 10:21 PM

we havent lost anyone at E camp yet.

Just remember Bruce it took me three months to convince Pop just where NORTH was at our Camp. And the sun came up and went down in the same place right where it has all long. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
AKA PA Spike King
Casters Hunting Club
Real Men Shoot Flintlocks
International Harvester Tractors
2008 Realtree Turkey Contest Team Champs!

#8 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 06:09 AM

Hey you guys are talking about me. If anyone has ever gone to our camp the long way off beech creek mt that road is just like a snake trail providing the snake has several knots tied in it. It has a whole bunch of switchbacks. Enough to set the old internal compass needle spinning. At least I know how to find the North Star at night. There is another place in PA that the sun comes up in the wrong place. Hmmm both of those places were first shown to me by Phil. Could it be his magnetic personality threw my internal compass off?Lol
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#9 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fly fishing, long range shooting, hiking, camping, panning gold, reloading

Posted 26 July 2006 - 06:39 AM

Silver you da man!! LOL I'll personally reimburse you for the cost of one of those maps, and pass it around camp for whomever needs it... after a couple of days i should have my bearing pretty good..

As long as you dont cross the highway to the Leadville pizza shop, you aint lost.
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

#10 elkhunter40

elkhunter40

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 07:25 PM

At the frist elkatraz some of us did get lost at the Leadville pizza shop.
Bruce was the only one to find his way back to camp so he was keeping the camp food warm for us when we got back to camp. but we had no left overs for him :(

#11 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 08:04 AM

Yea LARRY...there was no left overs for me :)

ya never know what might happen in elk camp.

I seem to recall at E2 hauling pizza's back from the Kremling Bar in a pouring down rain storm. Hmm Mel went with me to make sure Larry got his share LOL. and Josh was there guarding Rons....

How many guys get to go to ELK CAMP and have Pizza delievered ? ROFLMAO
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users