• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:15 PM

It was still very dark when we arrived by truck after a near harrowing drive up a very rutted lane to get there. The property has fields that run right up the side of the mountain. I chose a spot at the bottom at the corner of a young cattle pasture and a piece of woods. I actually chased deer into the pasture on my arrival no shot though as it was still too dark. I sat there for about 2 hours and had to stand up for a nature call when I looked behind me toward the mountain and there was a fair buck standing there looking at me but way out of arrow range at a lasered 143 yds. What that buck was doing coming down to the fields I will never know. Eric saw it too but was even farther than I was from it. Nothing else kept my interest except for the squirrel overhead in a walnut tree tossing walnuts at my head. The morning started out at 61 degrees and by the afternoon the temp was in the mid 80s. I know that would not influence the deer in the south but it sure does this far north. I decided to hold off for a cooler day and no sooner made that decision and the sky opened up with a rather intense rain shower.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#2 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:35 PM

We have been getting rained out here. I got out one day by myself and had a large doe at just 11 yards. Trouble was she stopped with a small tree covering her vitals. Stood there a couple minutes, then decided something wasn't right, coughed once and trotted off. Saw a nice flock of turkeys too but again no clear shot. Will be glad to lay the bow down and pick up a rifle. ;) Wishing you and eric luck Diganali.

#3 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:12 AM

For the past several days rain has kept me out of the woods too. It is predicted to last through the day today but tomorrow may be rain free. We do need the rain so I am not complaining too much. We also heard turkeys when we were out the first day. Your spirit was there too as just after daylight I heard a hawk and immediately thought Norms spirit is here so it will be a good day.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users