5 replies to this topic

#1 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:43 PM

I just picked this up for my 1911.  It was made by C.O.W.S. (Classic Old West Styles) out of El Paso, Texas. They make period correct gear for cowboy action shooters. Also make more modern holsters like mine. I got a great deal on it because of one small blemish on the right strap.  It is very well made and quite comfortable to wear. Great under a jacket or coat in cool or cold weather and great to carry while hunting too. :) Paid $80 for it off Ebay with free 3 day shipping. Always wanted a vintage looking shoulder rig and I couldn't be more happy with it. So whatcha think?

SAM_1198_zps65d41d76.jpg

SAM_1201_zps62692579.jpg

SAM_1210_zpsfe38f91e.jpg

I only needed to modify the keeper strap, by trimming a tiny bit off, to be able to carry Cocked & Locked.

SAM_1213_zpsf8ee90d4.jpg

Edited by Spirithawk, 17 October 2013 - 04:09 PM.

#2 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:28 AM

Looks real good. Man your 1911 fits in the holster like a glove.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#3 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:06 PM

Thanks Diganali, I think I did good. I looked at a lot, and I mean a lotttttt, of shoulder rigs before deciding on this one. The maker had a lot of very positive reviews on their holsters and this hand made one was around half the price of a comparable mass produced one. Got to admit I was a tad nervous till I got it but it is everything I hoped for and more. Will be a nice method of carry in a vehicle too such as when Jason and I go on trips.  Also, for some reason, a cross draw has just always seemed very natural to me and is my preferred method of carry. The RIA isn't overly heavy but does tug on your pants after a while. It rides pretty nice like this. I really prefer a vertical holster on a shoulder rig, as it holds the gun tighter to your body and is easier to conceal, but this surprised me and it hides fairly easy even with just a light jacket on. :) I admit I'm kind of a holster junkie. I love good leather and a well made holster. Plus it's nice having different options of carry. I'm sure I'll draw attention with it at the gun ranges too. :) Hey, give Judy a hug for me. Love ya both!

Edited by Spirithawk, 11 October 2013 - 03:08 PM.

#4 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:41 PM

Will do.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#5 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 881 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:09 PM

That is a nice set up!!! You're going to really like that.  .  I had the same set up for my Colt Combat Commander.  It was made by Jackass Leather Company out of Texas I believe.  Its very comfortable and with a jacket it sure hides the fact your armed with a hand cannon under the coat.

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a total wreck with a big smile on your face."

#6 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:10 PM

Thanks Cayugad. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users