4 replies to this topic

#1 sschneid73

sschneid73

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 08:08 PM

The Nebraska rifle season was a week later in Nov. than usuall. Went to my usuall destination in Big Springs NE. Started off with a visit to the Ogallala hospital with a kidney stone attack on Friday. Then opening morn. had to stay out of the stand due to more stone pain. Pain meds helped but wouldn't want to operate a high power under the influence. Sat out Sunday also due to pain and also 40 plus wind gusts. Monday I felt better so decided to get in the stand. I had 3 tags to fill and Monday filled 2 of them when I had a herd of does file by within 100 yrds. Picked out the biggest and let the 300 win mag do its job. Well the others just stood there wondering what happened so I picked another big girl out and 2 tags filled. Woke up Tuesday feeling a little dull pain but decided to sit in the stand due to seeing so many deer on Monday. I did a rattle session around 7 am and my partner was sitting 150 yrds away from me and called to let me know a giant was on his way. Before he could get giant out the 300 roared and another tag filled. My partner is a pastor of the church in Big Springs and he actually had the oppertunity to harvest that buck. He got so excited that he moved to reach for his rifle to fast and alereted the buck then tried to scope him while he was trotting towards me in 18 degree weather breathing hard which fogged up his scope. I have been ribbing him ever since and thanking him for a very nice 5X5. I will post a pic when I get some. He had a split G2 on one side.

#2 woodhick

woodhick

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 07:56 AM

Sounds like a great hunt except for the stone pain. Congratulations!

#3 J Gabel

J Gabel

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:42 PM

Congrats Steve! Now lets see some pics.

#4 Eric

Eric

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:32 PM

Way to go Steve, I to can't wait to see the pics. :thumbsup:

AKA PA Spike King
Casters Hunting Club
Real Men Shoot Flintlocks
International Harvester Tractors
2008 Realtree Turkey Contest Team Champs!

#5 REDGREEN

REDGREEN

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,461 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing,wood carving, waking up with a pulse

Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:33 PM

Congrats! Need pictures! :hunter:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users