• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:07 PM

The Pa rifle deer season started Monday before last.  My granddaughter and I went out the first morning and had shots all around us but no deer were seen.  We took a break at lunch and as we were driving down to the house 12 -15 deer ran in front of the truck.  Went back out for the afternoon and again saw no deer but did get pelted with ice falling out of the trees. I went to camp for the second day and my luck held as I saw no deer there either.  I do not recall exactly how many times I have been out since then but have yet to see a deer much less a buck.  Was out this morning with the temps around 16 - 17 degrees.  Not too bad till about 9:00 the wind started up and drove me plumb out to the truck.  Buddy Phil invited me to go along up to the farm near Erie for a quick one day hunt and return.  Sat is the last day of the rifle season.  Dec 26 is my nearly favorite deer season.  Flintlock deer season where a buck tag turns into an either sex tag.  Now if the weather cooperates I might even see a deer.  I do have two does in the freezer so far so I am being picky but how can I be picky when I am not seeing any deer at all except for the twinkie herd around the houses. 

If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#2 REDGREEN

REDGREEN

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,461 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing,wood carving, waking up with a pulse

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:10 PM

Can't beat that arrangement, Paul. If they deliver themselves to your doorstep, you have it made. :fudd: Shoot a big one.

#3 Fossil

Fossil

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Interests:Hunting,fishing and rockhounding..............

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:28 AM

Always great to have that freezer full of wild game...

Posted Image

God,family and friends-What else is there..................

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users