• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:26 PM

Looked out the window this morning and despite the snow it was all sunshine and above freezing temps so with PAs flintlock muzzleloader season beginning on the 26th I decided to dust off the RMC Accusporter to do some shooting and see if it was still shooting where I was aiming.  My first two shots were way right so back to the basement bench for swabbing, reloading and a sight adjustment.  Back to the outside bench and this time all was well except for being a tad low so back to the basement again.  A slight adjustment to raise the back sight and a swabbing and a reload and ready once again.  This time the bullet hole was right where I wanted it to be.  All went well if you do not count the target holder needed reworked, my and my sons boats covers were full of snow, the bench was snow covered and I searched for 15 minutes to find a screw driver small enough to adjust the sight and I loosened the wrong screw first everything was fine.  I sighted my rifle in with 90 grains of 3f real stuff, A 300 grain Hornady XTP in a black Harvester sabot.  That was enough to give me a little ouchy shoulder tonight.

If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#2 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 881 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 01:27 PM

them small screw drivers...  something else.  I purchased a special set for doing glasses and all the other small stuff and keep them on the rack in the gun room should I ever need to check something.

Does that accurasport have a 1-28 twist?  I beleive I asked you that once before and you said it did.  They were a nice looking rifle.  When they were on sale that one time, I was so tempeted to purchase one.  Good luck out in that snow.  Its snowing here again.  We have about two feet on the ground I think.  But today was 23 degrees out.  The heat wave sure felt good after that two weeks of bitter cold out of the north.

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a total wreck with a big smile on your face."

#3 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 07:42 PM

I actually used one of those glasses screw drivers to make the adjustments.  If I would not have loosened the wrong screw first I would have not had to make the second adjustment.  Yes the barrel I have on my accusporter is a 1:28 barrel.  I do have a 1:48 barrel for it too.  One of these days I am putting the 1:48 barrel on and sight it in too.  We did have about 5 - 6 inches of snow on the ground but the last couple of days of spring like temps and constant rain has melted it all.  Our heat wave was today and it got up to 60 degrees.  we are due to get back to winter by tomorrow.  Merry Christmas to you.

#4 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:00 PM

Hey Diganali, wishing you luck hunting. Jason shot a nice 8pt with his Encore  .50 cal this morning. Froze our tushes off but had fun. :)

#5 Eric

Eric

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 02:12 PM

Norm, tell Jason congrats and we want pics,lol.

AKA PA Spike King
Casters Hunting Club
Real Men Shoot Flintlocks
International Harvester Tractors
2008 Realtree Turkey Contest Team Champs!

#6 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 05:10 PM

Congrats to Jason.  If I am to get a buck this year it will have to be with a flintlock.  I can count on one finger the nr of times I have seen a buck this time of year but one never knows.  I have a doe tag also so if it is brown it is down if I get good ignition that is.  Maybe you and Jason could come see me and give me some lessons.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users