• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:18 PM

I posted the story in the deer section but could not resist doing a post here.  I got a small doe this afternoon with my flintlock rifle.  This was my first with this particular rifle.  The accusporter with the 1:28 barrel is initiated.  Now I will change to the 1:48 barrel, resight it with TC maxi balls and initiate that barrel too but that will wait till next year.  Note to self do a little practice on  field reloading as I fumbled quite a bit getting mine reloaded.  Oh well alls well that ends well.

If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#2 REDGREEN

REDGREEN

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,461 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing,wood carving, waking up with a pulse

Posted 28 December 2013 - 04:13 PM

:shock:  Buck fever??? Naah! Must of been doe fever. :whistle:  :rofl:  o:)

#3 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 05:57 PM

Not exactly but that did have some effect.  After a few days of hunting a bit of junk had found its way into that particular pocket which when in a hurry delays the job of reloading.  Imagine finding a quick load in a pocket of junk.  Getting it out and opening the powder end and dumping powder down the barrel then opening the other end  and finding my short starter in that pocket and pushing the bullet into the barrel andthen replacing the short starter to the pocket and removing the ramrod and pushing the bullet down onto the powder and replacing the ramrod in its thimbles.  You do not want to shoot the ramrod.  Then a quick wipe of the flashpan, frizzen and Flint.  Finally a shot of pan powder, snap the frizzen and you are ready to shoot again.  Now try doing that while trying to keep the deer in sight.  It makes for an interesting few moments.  

#4 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:09 PM

Congrats Paul! :)

#5 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 881 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 02:24 PM

congratualtions on making venison.

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a total wreck with a big smile on your face."

#6 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 04:35 PM

Thanks all.  I really enjoy hunting with the old stone fired ml.  After harvesting many deer and several already this year I wasn't going to even shoot another but the heat of the moment overcame me and the rifle went off by itself.  That is my story and I'm sticking to it.  (At least till I think of another better one.)

#7 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 07:51 PM

Congrats Diganali! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users