• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 01:20 PM

I cleaned my rifle this morning and thought I would mount my other barrel on my accusporter.  After I got the rifle all cleaned up and a new flint installed I got my 1:48 twist barrel out.  When I had my peep sight installed I had it put on the rear piece that the hooked breech goes into so it stays on the rifle.  This give a longer sight radius and serves as a rear sight for both barrels.  I did go so far as taking the rear sight off the barrel and then spent about 20 minutes putting one of those tiny screws in the hole.  I will let the 1:28 barrel on the rifle till after season and then make the switch and sight in the 1:48 barrel to be ready for next year.  Maybe I will carry it next year in all the seasons. 

If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#2 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 04:48 PM

The other day I finally switched the barrels on my accusporter.  It now sports a 1:48 twist.  As soon as the weather breaks and it is not raining or snowing I want to get it out and try some loads using a tc Maxi ball as the bullet.  I plan on starting out at 80 grains and using a felt wad under the bullet as it is a flat based bullet.  I have yet to shoot a deer with this barrel so it stays till I get that accomplished.  Hopefully next flintlock season. 

If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users