• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:02 AM

Finally zeroed in on the best recipe reload for my 30 06. 

These shots were taken at 100yds.

1797556_10203515109185300_110043809_n.jp

And underneath the quarter is surprise FIVE holes.  Not the standard three.

1898116_10203515108785290_579487991_n.jp

These shots were taken in secession with no rest time.  Just load, aim, shoot.  I am seriously impressed with the improvement the Bell and Carlson Medalist stock has made to my Tikka 30 06.  Five shots with no cooling time guaranteed at least one flier prior to installing this stock.  The B&C Medalist aluminum bedding block really works!
Posted Image

#2 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:00 PM

Wow Leo that is really good.  That is close to target quality from a hunting rifle you have every right to be pleased with that and for 5 shots without cool down times it is remarkable.

If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#3 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:26 PM

Wow Leo that is really good.  That is close to target quality from a hunting rifle you have every right to be pleased with that and for 5 shots without cool down times it is remarkable.

Thanks! I know you know I have reason to be impressed. I would have tried to stack a sixth in there but I only had five of that load.

Edited by Leo, 12 March 2014 - 08:28 PM.

Posted Image

#4 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:30 PM

Nice work! In the world of hunting rifles, I've not put much stock in stocks. Barrels, actions/triggers, ammunition, optics... sure. Hmm... Interesting.

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#5 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 06:04 AM

Know what you mean Leo.  A couple of years ago I only loaded 3 rounds of a bullet I wanted to try in my 7 mag.  I shot about 5  of my regular rounds and then shot those three.  My son Eric was spotting for me and after the first round he would not say where the bullet hit just said shoot another which I did.  After the three shots he did not say how the group was, just said come on.  We went to the target 100 yds away and there in the bullseye were three shots all touching each other.  This was a custom built rifle but a hunting rifle nontheless.  Yep you have a winner.

If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#6 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:20 AM

Nice work! In the world of hunting rifles, I've not put much stock in stocks. Barrels, actions/triggers, ammunition, optics... sure. Hmm... Interesting.

It used to be changing a stock was just a fit or cosmetic preference. Some (emphasis on SOME) of these new stocks do indeed offer a performance improvement.

In my case, the Bell & Carlson Medalist not only improved the accuracy but it also significantly reduced felt recoil. In fact it reduced the recoil better than the aftermarket limbsaver pad I had on the rifle's original stock.

Edited by Leo, 13 March 2014 - 11:21 AM.

Posted Image

#7 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 881 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 09:54 AM

That is excellent shooting.  I would bet that even 200 yards would not see a massive spread to the group.  You have a great rifle and good ammo.  I would keep it as is.  Very nice...

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a total wreck with a big smile on your face."

#8 REDGREEN

REDGREEN

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,461 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing,wood carving, waking up with a pulse

Posted 15 March 2014 - 05:00 PM

That's not bad at all for a production rifle, Leo. Definately minute of whatever you are pointing it at.

#9 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fly fishing, long range shooting, hiking, camping, panning gold, reloading

Posted 16 March 2014 - 07:33 PM

Fine as frog hair Leo. Good job.

SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users