• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Fossil

Fossil

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Interests:Hunting,fishing and rockhounding..............

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:06 AM

Hey ya' all...................Since moving to Oregon and a lot of crime going on here-I went and got my CWP,now I'm looking for a nice little pistol to carry.

Any great ideas on what I could look at? No 9mm please( I dislike them..)..

Probably be strapping it to my ankle area....Was thinking of a .22 Mag or 380....

Wish they made the .17 in pistol form....Thanks..............Michael

Posted Image

God,family and friends-What else is there..................

#2 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 881 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:05 PM

Since your against a 9mm but want something really small...  then the .380 would be my choice for caliber.  Ruger makes a nice small LCP .380 pistol. It is light weight, and thin, making it easy to carry.  Also I would get the model that has the built in laser.  As when it comes to shooting out to 15 yards, that laser is a god send.

I looked at them when at a Gander Mountain and was very impressed with the quality of build but of course I have not shot one.  I did watch some You Tube videos of the pistol in action.  For a short range pistol this would be my choice.  Although I would go to the 9mm.  To each their own when it comes to calibers but I used to carry a 9mm on the police force once and was very impressed with the power of the projectile.  I laugh now but when they first issued them to us and took our .357 magnums away, I was not a happy person.  But the more I shot the 9mm and saw what it could do, the more comfortable I was with it.  Now they all carry .40 S&W pistols.

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a total wreck with a big smile on your face."

#3 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:31 PM

Foss I do not carry much.  But when I do I want some firepower.  If you ever have to use it you most likely will be defending your own life or someone close to you.  That is something serious and to my estimation something closequarters and hence need something to stop em now. 

If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users