• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:22 PM

I have been hunting for a week now here in KS.  I have seen birds about every time out, but had a couple days of bad weather and cold and wind.  Even had snow the one day not much but snow nontheless.  Was out Saturday morning and got into a couple of gobblers but they were henned up and would not budge toward us.  I got up this morning and actually lay back down but forced myself out of bed and went hunting because Leo always says persistance kills turkeys and he is correct.  I set up in a huge brush pile out in a pasture because Sat that is where the gobbler headed.   As it started to get light I was front row center to a whole lot of turkey talk.  I had at least 4 gobblers sounding off at about 100 yds in the woods.  Full daylight finally came and three gobblers headed my way along with numerous hens.  As they passed by at 30 steps I had to wait for the big boy to step ahead of the other two and kaboom I had my first bird of the year.  He sported a 10 1/4 inch beard and had 1 inch very sharp spurs.  I did not weigh him but know he was over 20 lbs.  Oh man Leo wish you were there.  We would have had a ball.  Cannot post pics till I get home.

If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#2 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:30 AM

Congrats! Can't wait to see the pictures!
Posted Image

#3 Coalman

Coalman

Always Here

• Authors
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:Snowshoe hare hunting, ice fishing, turkey hunting, striped bass fishing, deer hunting, trapping.

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:54 AM

Congrats PA RR. Looking forward to your pictures.

Your eye in the northeast sky.

#4 REDGREEN

REDGREEN

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,461 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing,wood carving, waking up with a pulse

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:08 PM

Way to go, Paul! Finally went to the supermarket and took a walk down the frozen foods aisle huh!  :stir:  :D

#5 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:46 PM

Yes Fred but you should have seen those faint hearted Walmart customers scatter when I shot into the turkey bin.  Seriously thanks everyone and I'll get some pics when I get home.

If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users