• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 01:53 PM

My wife and I traveled home from Kansas without a problem or incident.  After unpacking the car my wife went to our bedroom off the living room and slipped on the several steps down to our living room.  She banged her cheek and shoulder on an end table and also sprained her ankle.  A trip to the ER did not show any broken bones so they fitted her with a gel splint and a pair of crutches.  We will be dining on my limited cooking abilities for a few.  Prayers for a quick recovery are welcome.

If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#2 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 08:41 PM

So thankful it wasn't worse!

Prayers sent!
Posted Image

#3 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:01 PM

Absolutely, Paul. I've broken three ribs and had stress fractures in my sacrum and left knee just in the past couple years from falls. Terrified of falling at this point; even just hearing someone else has done so raises the hairs on the back of my neck. Very glad it wasn't worse. Prayers also that you two survive your cooking. :p

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#4 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 06:49 AM

Thank you for the prayers.  So far several women from church have brought us meals which has been a real help.  The wife's ankle is starting to mend ever so slowly.  Her coordination with the crutches has been less than stellar so I went to the attic and got a walker for her to use and she can handle it much better.

#5 REDGREEN

REDGREEN

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,461 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing,wood carving, waking up with a pulse

Posted 04 May 2014 - 04:50 AM

Glad that she wasn't hurt worse, Paul. I have broken lots of bones over the years taking unplanned trips down ridges and off of various locations where I shouldn't have been in the first place. I feel sorry for her having to eat your cooking!  :sick: Thank goodness the women from the church have been coming to her rescue!  Hope that she heals real soon.  :hunter:

#6 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 07:15 PM

She is now hobbling around and able to put a bit more pressure on the ankle.  She is bossing me a lot more so she has to be getting better.  She does stay off it most of the time though.  So much food has been delivered so far that We can eat for the next week at least.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users