#1 runNgun

runNgun

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Interests:Waterfowl, Deer, Ice fishing

Posted 18 July 2014 - 07:59 PM

Hello guys, it's been a long time! I'm busy up here in in northern Minnesota interning at a bank, working in the financial services division and doing some odds and ends here and there elsewhere in the bank.  Also making some time for walleye fishing as well!  Plus getting things ready for early goose and bow season is keeping me busy.

With Fall on the way, and my current tires on the way out, I'm looking to pick up a new set.  Do you guys have any recommendations on a good all-terrain tire?  I have Michelin LTXs on now, which are very good tires, but I'm just looking for something a little more aggressive that will perform a little better this fall and into the winter on the lakes up here, without compromising too much on the pavement. They're going on my 1998 Dodge Ram 1500. 

Thanks!

-Eric

#2 REDGREEN

REDGREEN

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,461 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing,wood carving, waking up with a pulse

Posted 19 July 2014 - 06:07 PM

I am partial to BF Goodrich for my going into places that I shouldn't missions. If you are in Minnesota,you get plenty of snow, and I have filled the engine compartment and peeled the belts off the engine running through the stuff with their rubber. No complaints with them at all.

#3 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 10:47 AM

I had a set of Dakota tires on my 01 chevy truck that were a good grip in most any weather and lasted very well.

If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#4 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fly fishing, long range shooting, hiking, camping, panning gold, reloading

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:56 PM

BFGoodririch AT tires are a good mudnsnow 10ply tire. Wear is pretty good too, I had over 60k on them on my Ram 1500. Sold em for 50.00 ea with a 1/8" tread on them as the guy wanted them for spares.  They sell universally around 250.00 each so not cheap. But  I had my Ram in some horrid places and some very steep rocky places and they never failed me. Hope to have a set soon for my Ram 2500 diesel. Good luck.

SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

#5 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:29 PM

Oops sorry about the Dakotas I heard they are no longer selling them.  If I recall correctly, Cooper tires made the Dakotas.

If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users