• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 07:55 AM

About a week ago I finally got out the knight inline and tried some shots at 100 yds.  I just was not comfortable at the bench and my target showed it.  After I finished a less than stellar session I discovered I had not adjusted the scope to be parralax free at 100 yds.  I got it out day before yesterday and raised everything up so I was more comfortable.  I also determined to shoot the best I could and reaqlly took my time.  I ended up with three shots at 100 yds, the first was about 1 1/2 inches low but dead on.  My next two shots were only about 3/8 inches low and only a sliver of paper between them.  Note to self be sure you are comfortable at the bench and your equipment is adjusted properly.  I still have to shoot my flintlock with the 1/48 twist barrel but that will have to wait as it is raining again.

If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#2 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 881 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 07:07 AM

Sounds like good shooting the second time out.  I too was shooting last week.  I was shooting some 200 grain Shockwave .40 caliber in my Knight LK-II rifle.  Normally very accurate.  But for some reason that day, I couldn't group at all.  So I shot it later that day and the groups were like day and night.  No reason why, just much better in the later afternoon.  Maybe the coffee started to wear off.  :coffee:

Then the other day I took out my 7.62x39mm and shot that rifle.  I am real concerned with the Russian Ammo I was shooting.  Some were normal going off, some were just a real BOOM!! throwing the casing all the way up on the garage roof.  But it was fun to shoot something modern too.

Good luck this hunting season.

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a total wreck with a big smile on your face."

#3 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 12:56 PM

My sight in efforts were to no avail.  I missed a doe at about 90 yds and had to resight it anyway.  After that no shots presented themselves.

If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users