• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 881 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 03:40 PM

Today I decided to check my .22 caliber rifle for accuracy with some Winchester Ammo.   I had put a new 4x32mm Simmon Pro Sport scope on my Sig Sauer 522 field rifle. I have been seeing a lot of pine squirrels, aka red squirrels, aka pains in the you know where squirrels...  so I wanted to be on.

I set a target up at 25 yards, and off a bench rest it did pretty good...

1-DSCN0644_zpsef83e00f.jpg

I think that is 30 rounds of Winchester ammunition there.  It hits just slightly to the left.

So I picked a smaller target to test my theory...

2-DSCN0646_zps36086b6b.jpg

I was aiming for the brass bullet part sticking out of the sabot.  I figured that would be about the size of one of them devil's little heads.  When I held dead on it shot to the left.  So I adjusted and decided I could live with what it was doing for now.

1-DSCN0645_zps259189a8.jpg

So I held dead cross hairs on the paper with my cross hairs...  again, a little left.  Also I was having some real junk cartridges showing up out of this box.  Some of them the bullet was not seated right.  One, the bullet was pointing at about a 25º angle off the top of the brass casing.  I could straighten it of course.  But for what they are hitting us now for these .22 bullets, they better get some quality control going on there.

I then started shooting the spinner targets in the yard.  They were 42 yards away.  They were easy.  Aim right at the base of them and they'd spin like a top.  After burning off probably 150 rounds...  I decided to call it quits.  I might give the scope two clicks to the right and shoot it again.  But that is a fine shooting little rifle.

accessories003_zps12d9438b.jpg

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a total wreck with a big smile on your face."

#2 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 11:12 AM

Been out of town for a couple of weeks but that is a real shooter rifle.

If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users