• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 12:22 PM

First I did not see a good buck in Kansas.  Second I did not draw a doe permit for my local area this year.  I did draw one in NW PA.  Went there for three days and saw 9 deer but all had antlers and I had a doe tag and the wrong weapon for the bucks.  Came home and on the first day of fall turkey,  my son and I saw two nice bucks but no turkeys again the wrong weapon in hand.  Yesterday I did a walk up on the ridge behind my house and although I saw turkey sign none were seen.  I did see one deer and yes it had antlers but was not legal as it was a forkhorn.  That makes an even dozen deer in little over a week and all were bucks.

If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#2 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 11:54 AM

I feel your pain. We had poor mast production in my area. Deer aren't easy to come by during legal hours. deer 8 me 0.

#3 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 01:35 PM

Sorry to hear of the poor mast production in your area.  We had that last year here locally but the oaks outdid themselves this year and the deer have changed their patterns so much they are hard to find here too.  In most years of poor mast around here the deer just keep hitting the ag crops but this year about 2 weeks before archery season the does seemed to disappear.  The red, white and chestnut oaks all produced this year and the predominate tree on our mountainsides are the oaks so they can be anywhere.  Even my 5 chinese chestnut trees in the back yard produced a bumper crop this year. 

If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users