8 replies to this topic

#1 Charles

Charles

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 08:20 AM

Okay, I have to say I'd love to come the E3 but have a real problem. I hate corn flakes.

So, the question is fast becomming, How dry is too dry to hunt this fall in CO? Moreso, what are the projected restrictions for fire? Are any of the forests (Private, State or Federal) closed at this time? What do the streams, lakes and water holes look like? How dry is the forest floor? Dry to more then 5 or more inches down would not be good.

I could go on but I thought you CO boys might have a better understanding of how things are really shaping up.

What's the Sitch?

Edited by Charles, 23 July 2006 - 08:23 AM.

5-November-2008 - Today is the first day of the down fall of American as we know it.

#2 Larry $

Larry $

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 05:45 PM

Hey Charles,

I hate corn flakes too!!

Up until 3 weeks ago, we were under a Stage II fire ban. Then a monsoonal weather system moved in from the Gulf of Mexico. The fire bans have been lifted (for now) and it is greener than I have ever seen it here. It has been raining like crazy every afternoon and State Hwy. 67 just north of us is closed down for who knows how long due to flooding. Most reservoirs are at 130% capacity and lakes, ponds and streams are at their peak, if not overflowing. We're still under our average annual rain fall due to the extra dry winter and spring, but these latest deluges have the water supplies brimming and the vegetation vibrant and alive.

Go figure :rolleyes:

Anyway, the elk and deer ought to be fat and shiny on all this thick, lush grass. The mosquitoes too. :doh:

What's it like up in your necks of the woods Huck and Bruce?
Elk: it's what's for dinner!

#3 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 06:19 PM

:D Charles, I think you're worried about having to cross Beaver Dams in the dark!
Seriously, I was watching the reports and wondered if the dry conditions would alter E3 . :worry:
Posted Image

#4 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 23 July 2006 - 07:05 PM

Charles:

it was dry and now its soggy. what will it be mid sept? heck it could be 5 inches of snow LOL...
honestly its green and lots of grass.

check out the photos I posted a while back of the 5 elk...
this is cattle pasture out by my house. I've never seen it knee deep to an elk before. NOR this green before.

Close up

Pull it back a bit.

its raining right now...and usually mid afternoon early evening we get a storm. really bits when you want to be out there shooting your bow :)
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#5 iamyourhuckleberry

iamyourhuckleberry

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 944 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 10:41 PM

Yep, lush and green here. It will be a banner year for antler growth! The top points on the elk should be long and massive. I really look forward to crossing a few beaver dams in the dark!
Posted Image

Lurking in McDonalds near you!

Confidence makes the hunter, PSE makes the bow.

#6 Charles

Charles

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 06:36 AM

Better pack waders, lol!!

I am from the Beaver State!!!!
5-November-2008 - Today is the first day of the down fall of American as we know it.

#7 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 24 July 2006 - 07:59 PM

another day and more afternoon showers :)

keep those corn flakes nice and soggy :)
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#8 Ironranger

Ironranger

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 10:17 PM

I hope to be crossing beaver dams next year... :D

#9 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 10:40 PM

ok timmie.... we got an idea
we are going to trap an elk, super glue pheasant feathers all over it
and send you out hunting :)

we know you'll get one then :)
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users