• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 07:33 PM

After a number of luckless days carrying my flintlock.  My son and I decided to go to our hunting camp and hunt with several camp members.  We decided to put on some pushes.  The weather was not to be very good after midmorning.  We set up for the first drive and even before the drivers started I had three deer come in from the opposite direction.  They were at about 55 - 60 yds away and stopped.  It was raining and sleeting pretty hard at the time and I did not have time to check my pan powder.  The only shot I had was at the head and neck of one of the deer.   At the shot the deer dropped on the spot and I had several firsts.  This was the first deer I have got at camp, the first deer of 2015, and the first deer with my 1-48 twist barrel with a 370 grain TC Maxi Ball.  That bullet did so much damage to the neck I was concerned about putting the pull rope around its head.  I am a tired but happy hunter tonight.  Sorry I don't have any pics but they can be seen on facebook on Kenneth Cotner Jrs page.

If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#2 Fossil

Fossil

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Interests:Hunting,fishing and rockhounding..............

Posted 04 January 2015 - 09:28 AM

Hey,congrads are in order!! Like the story too.............I see backstraps in the  future.....

Posted Image

God,family and friends-What else is there..................

#3 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 09:59 AM

Oh yea Foss.  I also enjoy the heart as a delicacy.

If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#4 REDGREEN

REDGREEN

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,461 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing,wood carving, waking up with a pulse

Posted 04 January 2015 - 10:17 AM

Congrats on the deer, Paul! Tried phoning you a little bit ago to see how things were going, but now  know. Glad that the coal burner worked flawlessly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users