• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 09:24 PM

PA has a 2 week flintlock only season.  It goes from the day after Christmas till mid January.  Of course all the hunting seasons are previous to this one making the deer as spooky as they are at any time of the year.  We are limited to a flintlock rifle and no optic sights.  The deer are also going into survival mode and are bunching up into herds.  This means that you hunt very hard till you find them.  I found one last week and son Eric found one Friday evening> It ran off and we trailed it till it was too dark to see and had to give up till Sat morning.  I was concerned that yotes may find it before us.  The weather was brutal, very cold and 20 - 25 mph winds all day Friday.  We woke up Sat to -2 degrees but less wind.  He hit it over a mile and a steep ridge from the truck.  Only after a very difficult trail even with 2 inches of snow we finally came on her dead.  We thanked the Lord that she was not found by predators.  We then faced well over a mile of mostly uphill drag.  I am not often glad for a season end but this year am glad it is over with two does down.

If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users