• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fly fishing, long range shooting, hiking, camping, panning gold, reloading

Posted 20 February 2015 - 07:29 PM

Hej RedGreen, this month's NRA American Rifleman magazine has a 6 or 8 page spread on the wonderful .270 Weatherby Mag. This is 70th anniv of Weatherby rifles, so everyt month the gunny rags have some Wby article. It should be good reading. Makes me wanna get mine out of the guncab and handle it a bit til its warm enough again for range time. Stay warm pard.

SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

#2 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 10:03 AM

Anyone who takes the time to study the ballistics of the 270 WBY Mag vs the 26 Nosler will be very impressed. The edge the 26 has is very slight. The 270WBY Mag has been around a whole lot longer too.
Posted Image

#3 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fly fishing, long range shooting, hiking, camping, panning gold, reloading

Posted 01 March 2015 - 09:46 PM

I started my big game hunting life with a new in the  box bought by mail order LH .264 Win Mag with 26" bbl. I carried it from 1965 to 1985 in PA and GA and Ive never had a rifle like it or as  good as it was,  until  I got my used Wby Fibremark(Saco) .270 Wby Mag  in November last. Altho back in the  mid 90s I was tempted  to buy  the 7mmSTW that shot flat to 415yrds also ( Nosler forgets that, but I don't). I never bought the STW.  I messed around between 1985 and 2014 with a cpl dozen different rifle but this Weatherby does the trick. Prob between the 264 and 7mm Win Mag and 7mmSTW and .270 Wby Mag and 7mm Wby Mag there aint a hares worth of difference. And with the price of Wby ammo I am fully supporting the Swedish economy. Uff da!

SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rifles

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users