2 replies to this topic

#1 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 03:32 PM

I remember a ways back, a group of members would gather for an elk hunt I believe. Does anyone still get together for a hunt?  My brother in law is taking his daughter out west for a guided antelope hunt. My wife got my hopes up saying we could tag along until he said it was a guided hunt. She didn't know to think to ask if it was public land or guided. I'm no trophy hunter so shelling out $2500 for a pronghorn will never happen. Maybe in 2017 I may drive out somewhere for a hunt of some sort, other than whitetail, but it'd have to be a public land hunt as I can't afford an outfitter.

#2 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fly fishing, long range shooting, hiking, camping, panning gold, reloading

Posted 21 December 2015 - 08:34 PM

Back in the old BSOTH days and beginning in 2004 or 05 we met for Elkatraz 1, then 2,  & 3,  which was mostly Colorado OTC archery elk in mid Sept.   As the group has dwindled here Huck took over the forum meets (but the Elkatraz name is sadly almost lost to history) and the guys come off the Bowsite.com site.    Also I have met at least three times with a great and varying group of guys off the Realtree Big Game & Exotics forum for Colo rifle elk hunts with OTC  bull tags. We plan another meet in Oct 2017, you can go to the realtree www and read on it. In all cases I met a great group of guys and in most cases made some longstanding friends. As to our success rate it remained low in all cases tho I believe Huck's Bowsite archery hunt group has had better luck than us Realtree rifle guys. All of these mentioned are DIY. Cost, youre probably going to spend 1500 to 2500 anyway til you add it all up. Let me know if I can answer any more questions.  Good luck.

Edited by silvertip-co, 21 December 2015 - 08:39 PM.

SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

#3 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 11:31 AM

Scott I was at Elkatraz 3 and had a great time even though I knew nothing about hunting elk.  Got to meet and put faces with a bunch of the coloruffians friends all.  Still talk on FB with most of them. 

If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users