runNgun

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Interests:Waterfowl, Deer, Ice fishing

Posted 23 December 2015 - 08:30 PM

Hey guys! It's been a long time.

I just wanted to check in and see how you guys are doing. I kind of fell off the face of the earth for a few years, and honestly haven't gotten around to even signing in here. Mostly lurking every other month or so to see what you guys were up to.

Things have been going well for me. I started as a 12 year old kid on the BO site, hungry for hunting knowledge and a virtual family. Now I'm 5 months away from being a college grad, but just as passionate for hunting and fishing. It's funny how time doesn't take that aspect out of person.

My mom was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer June 2014. After intense radiation, chemo, and the power of community support and prayer, she's doing well today. 

I've got a wonderful girlfriend of almost two years. Her first experiences duck and deer hunting were not quite her cup of tea, but she is always willing to join me in the boat or ice house (probably because she always seems to outfish me).

Anyway, I'll stop rambling. With the holidays coming, I just wanted to stop in and thank you all for having such a positive impact on me growing up. As far as I'm concerned, you're always welcome to join me in northern Minnesota for some walleye fishing, waterfowling, a grouse push or two, or to share a deer woods.

Have a great Christmas guys!

Eric

-Eric

#2 woodhick

woodhick

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 11:20 AM

Good to hear from you yes it has been a while, glad all is going well. Take care and Merry Christmas to you.

#3 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 11:24 AM

Wow Eric so glad to hear from you.  I recall your many questions you had and was amused by some but always tried to help.  I don't drop in here as much as it sits idle much of the time.  Oh well it was great while it lasted.  I am on facebook where many of the old time posters are.  May the Lord bless you with a very Merry Christmas and be your guide throughout the coming year.  Your post made my day. 

If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#4 Coalman

Coalman

Always Here

• Authors
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:Snowshoe hare hunting, ice fishing, turkey hunting, striped bass fishing, deer hunting, trapping.

Posted 25 December 2015 - 11:57 AM

Welcome Back!

Your eye in the northeast sky.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users