FIREARMS DEER

* URBAN PORTION: Oct. 6 - 9

* YOUTH PORTION: Oct. 28 - 29

* NOVEMBER PORTION: Nov. 11 - 29

* MUZZLELOADER PORTION: Nov. 24 - Dec. 3

* ANTLERLESS PORTION: Dec. 9 - 17

ARCHERY DEER AND TURKEY

* Sept. 15 - Nov. 10 and Nov. 22 - Jan. 15

Oh yeah, we are also hoping to get drawn for a muzzleloader managed hunt on the Drury-Mincy Wildlife area Oct 28-30

Edited by Spirithawk, 26 July 2006 - 03:43 PM.

#2 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 08:09 PM

Even hunting slow and easy like us old timers do you should have time to bag a freezer full. Good Luck.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#3 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 08:43 PM

Yeppers Paul, from September 1rst to January 15th I can hunt every day. I think September is liable to be too darn hot to do much hunting though. I usually do it all: Archery ( Jennings Devastator X-Bow 150lb draw ) , Urban ( I use a handgun, Taurus Raging Bull .45 Long Colt ), Firearms Season ( T/C Encore .270 ), Muzzleloader ( Knight MK 85 .54 cal ) Antlerless Portion I like to use whatever I'm in the mood for on that particular day. I feel blessed that I live in a state that has that many oportunities and that I get to share them with my son. It's like having a little piece of Heavon right here on Earth. What deer we don't use ourselves we share with family and freinds, who otherwise wouldn't have the treat of venison, which makes deer season even that much more special to us. Thanks Paul and best of luck to you and Eric too. :yes:

Edited by Spirithawk, 25 July 2006 - 09:51 PM.

#4 runNgun

runNgun

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Interests:Waterfowl, Deer, Ice fishing

Posted 25 July 2006 - 08:54 PM

I cant wait until this fall because I get to deer hunt finally.Shot 4 different slugs today so I'm ready for the season :D

Run
-Eric

#5 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 09:49 PM

Cool Eric. Wish you the best of luck bud. :yes:

#6 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 03:12 PM

I need to make it to MO for a deer hunt in the near future

Martyupdatedsignature2-1.jpg
Prostaff.jpg

#7 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 03:39 PM

Cool Marty. I could take you over to the Drury-Mincy Wildlife Area to bow hunt. All they allow except a Managed 3 day Muzzleloader hunt. It's 1,400 acres bordered by Bull Shoals Lake and has numerous food plots ranging from clover to Bio Logic to turnips. Seen some mighty nice bucks in there. There's some pretty awesome gobblers too. They even have an outdoor archery range with targets at various yardages and even an elevated shooting platform. It's a pretty darn nice place. My son and I put in for the managed hunt, about 250 tags are issued. We got drawn last year and are hoping to get drawn this year too. They have an area set up for campers and it's a lot of fun meeting guys from all over and sitting around a fire sharing a good meal, swapping yarns and checking out each others shootin' irons. It's a beautiful area and we feel blessed to have it so close to home, about 30 minutes away. There's guys that pay big bucks to hunt an area like that.

#8 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 04:06 PM

Hey that is very very nice of you to offer. I will look forward to that. I do have to shoot a muzzleloader though, my neck won't allow bow hunting..

But thank you

Fat Marty

Prostaff.jpg

#9 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 05:10 PM

Marty, I can't shoot a regular bow anymore myself. I have an exemption that allows me the use of a crossbow. Have you considered that? Admitedly it's not the same, but hey, it allows me to archery hunt when otherwise I would have to sit archery season out. An aplication from your states Conservation Dept. and signed by your doctor is all it takes. My permit is for life but since I'm going through heart rehab I'm trying to build my upper body strength so that I might be able to shoot a low poundage bow again. At least now and then. I have naturaly fused vertabrae in my neck and the nerve channels are calcified and pinch the nerves. Add arthritis and I can sure understand what you're going through. The muzzleloader hunt you have to put in for the drawing and hope you get drawn for a tag. You ever get to Missouri I'll take you hunting one way or another.

Edited by Spirithawk, 26 July 2006 - 06:04 PM.

#10 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 10:34 PM

I really appreciate that and will gladly return the favor..

Marty

Prostaff.jpg

#11 sticknstring

sticknstring

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 08:57 PM

A crossbow!!??
You can do it!
Go Marty Go! Go Marty Go! :lol: :lol:
(we've (me & Huck) been trying to get Fatty to pick one up!)

#12 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 10:32 AM

Like I said, an Xbow sure beats sitting out bow season and actually has some challenges unique to one. They're not the most manuverable thing to carry and aim and I limit my shots to 30 yards. Beyond that the arrow loses velocity fast and 50 yard shots are possible but really not something I care for. If I shoot at 30 yards ,or less, I know that deer is headed for my freezer. If you try one Marty I think you'd be thrilled to be able to bow hunt again. Myself, I just can't stand sitting a season out when I could be out hunting. Besides I have a reputation around here and can't let my son and nephews out hunt the old master. ;) :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users